Convention and Visitors Bureaus
- Alabama.Travel– Alabama visitor’s bureau
- BirminghamAL.org– Birmingham visitor’s bureau
- VisitingMontgomery.com– Montgomery convention and visitor’s bureau
- Gulf Shores.com– Gulf Shores and Orange Beach visitor’s bureau
- ExploreGeorgia.org– Georgia state visitor’s bureau
- Atlanta.net– Atlanta visitor’s center
- SavannahVisit.com– Savannah visitor’s center
- VisitCoastalGeorgia.org– Golden Isles and coast visitor’s bureau
- KentuckyTourism.com– Kentucky convention and visitor’s bureau
- GoToLouisville.com– Louisville visitor’s center
- LouisianaTravel.com– Louisiana visitor’s bureau
- NewOrleansOnline.com– New Orleans visitor and convention bureau
- VisitLouisianaCoast.com– Louisiana Gulf Coast visitor’s bureau
- VisitMississippi.org– Mississippi visitor’s bureau
- GulfCoast.org– Biloxi and the Mississippi Gulf Coast visitor’s bureau
- VisitNC.com– North Carolina visitor’s bureau
- ExploreAsheville.com– Asheville convention and visitor’s bureau
- OuterBanks.org– Outer Banks visitor’s bureau
- CharlottesGotALot.com– Charlotte visitor’s bureau
- VisitRaleigh.com– Raleigh visitor’s bureau
- DiscoverSouthCarolina.com– South Carolina state visitor’s bureau
- CharlestonCVB.com– Charleston Convention and Visitor’s Bureau
- VisitMyrtleBeach.com– Myrtle Beach visitor’s bureau
- TNVacation.com– Tennessee visitor’s bureau
- VisitMusicCity.com– Nashville visitor’s bureau
- MemphisTravel.com– Memphis visitor’s bureau
- ChattanoogaFun.com– Chattanooga visitor’s bureau
- Gatlinburg.com– Gatlinburg and the Tennessee Smoky Mountains visitor’s bureau
- Virginia.org– Virginia visitor’s bureau
- VisitRichmondVA.com– Richmond visitor’s bureau
- VisitVirginiaBeach.com– Virginia Beach Convention and Visitor’s Bureau
Relevant Blogs and Websites
- Southern Living– Monthly magazine based in Birmingham with articles on travel, food and home improvement.
- Charleston Daily Photo– Joan Perry’s daily photo blog about life in Charleston.
- Charleston City Paper– Charleston-based alternative newsweekly with an emphasis on arts, cuisine and local news.
- Creative Loafing Atlanta– Atlanta’s alternative newsweekly with local news, opinion, arts, cuisine and events.
- Creative Loafing Charlotte– Charlotte’s edition of Creative Loafing, covering the same types of stories.
- Asheville Mountain Xpress– Asheville’s alt-weekly, covering local news and events
- I Love Memphis Blog– Run by the Memphis CVB, this blog is a love letter to the city, in addition to featuring things to do around town.
- New Orleans Gambit– New Orleans’ alternative newspaper, covering news, arts, music, film and food.
- Nashville Scene– Nashville’s alternative weekly with commentary, news and reviews of local arts and entertainment, and a wide variety of features.
- Atlanta Journal Constitution– The South’s oldest and highest circulation daily newspaper.
- FollyBeach.com– A resource for travelers and residents of Folly Beach, outside Charleston, South Carolina.
- The Travel Belles– While this women’s travel blog covers Europe and everywhere in between, they also cover Southern destinations like Myrtle Beach and Louisville.
- Caroline in the City– My personal travel blog, featuring posts on my time in Atlanta and Charleston, as well as visits throughout the South.
- Way Into Atlanta– A fantastic resource by my friend Lee, who has itineraries from Atlanta ranging from an hour to a weekend. He’s great at finding unique things to do.
If you would like your links included, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that I only include links that could be beneficial to readers and people planning their trips. If you are a SEO company, different rules apply.