I’m excited to be heading to the coast for the second Savannah Food and Wine Festival! But before going there, I’ll be starting in Hilton Head, a place I’ve never been despite the fact that I used to live a few hours away, at the Omni Resort Hilton Head. After a few nights there, it’s off to Savannah, where I’ll be staying at Marriott Riverfront and checking out the Taste of Savannah event. I’ll also be going on the Famous and Secret EastSide Walking Food Tour with Savannah Taste Experience. I also hope to do the following with my extra time:
- Explore Tybee Island
- Visit the Flannery O’Connor Childhood Home
- See the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace
- Roam the aisles of The Book Lady and Paris Market
- Find some shade at Forsyth Park and Bonaventure Cemetery
- Check out the Mercer House
- Admire the art at the Telfair Museum and SCAD Museum of Art
I’ll be using the hashtags #visitsavannah and #thisismysouth on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, so be sure to follow along!
Thanks to Omni Hotels, Visit Savannah, Savannah Food and Wine Festival and Savannah Taste Experience for making this trip possible.